Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rachel


I figure Rachel needs her own post. She has quite a bit going on as well, so I may as well make allowances for it, even on the Internet ;-).
Rachel is now a busy little girl. She has riding lessons, ballet, class, art class, and Drama Kids. In a couple of weeks, she'll be attending Camp Shakespeare as well.
I know, its a lot. But I'm trying to figure out where her interests lie. I know she loves the animals and wants to be an animal caretaker of some kind when she grows up, but she's young yet and has much to experience before making any firm decisions. So rather than narrowing the field just now, I'm tossing her into the world so she can figure what she thinks about it all.
Believe it or not, we're narrowing things down already. Drama and art are on the same day and in different towns. Its a lot of driving and we can't always make it in time, which forces her to make a choice. She's chosen drama. I am not surprised.
What does surprise me is her love of ballet class. She has to work in there, something she generally doesn't like. She says she wishes she could take ballet several days a week. I have no problem with that, but not together with drama and horses. Too much money. At some point, she'll have another choice to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment